Not Really Organized.
- Extreme Programming Explained by Kent Beck
- Game Programming with Python, Lua, and Ruby by Tom Gutschmidt
- Learning Python by Mark Lutz, David Ascher
- Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Michael Dawson
- Python Developer’s Handbook by Andre Lessa
- You Got Game
Refining ideas, creating design documentation, and roles in creating games.
- Creating a Great Design Document
Characteristics of good design documents.
- Advice from UseNet on producing useful design documents
- Tom Sloper’s Format for Game Design Specifications
High level outline for game design documentaiton.
- Skinner’s boxes
“Sarcastically (and as Lum and others have noted), almost all MMOs are Skinner Boxes and the goal is design one which attracts subscriptions more effectively than the others. We play these games to have “fun,” which Raph defined as novel learning. The multiplayer aspect just makes the subscriptions last longer by encouraging social networks.”
- Operant Conditioning
- Game AI: The State of the Industry
- “Finite State Machine” (FSM)
- New MUD Book
- Game Design Articles – Game Design Documents
- Game Design Library
- Iterative Development
- Iterative Development (bis)
- Phil Steinmeyer’s blog
- an interview with Jef Raskin
- Game Toolkits
- A framework for networked applications (Python – Ninjaneering)
- Py/UI user interface library (Python – Ninjaneering)
Yes, I know nothing.