Even if the DVDs are supposed to be released later this month (I think) the 12-minutes extra with the new scenes is already all over the internet. It’s also brilliant.
I just didn’t expect the writers could be so shameless and brave. In 12 minutes they cram not only long-sought answers, but dialogue that is filled with mocking and teasing directed at the public.
The bad idea was to not include this right into the finale.
– There’s a new man in charge, he sent me.
– Sent you to do what?
– We’re closing this place down. So, you’re free to go. Before you leave, please lock the doors, turn out the lights.
– Wait. You can’t just walk out of here. We deserve answers!
– All right. Before I go, I’ll let you ask a question. But just one. So, make it count.
– How is there a polar bear on a tropical island?
– You guys have a DVD player?